We are a family that loves basil. My husband probably could eat pesto every single night! So… I searched and searched for recipes that number one have the ingredients that we have in the fridge in that we eat on a regular basis. And number two fit the keto lifestyle. This is a combination of a few simple recipes that are out there plus my experience in cooking with pesto. Normally pesto recipes call for parmesan but we love our cheddar from Cabot Cheese so I improvised and it is super tasty!
What you need
- Chicken breasts
- Fresh Beefsteak Tomatoes
- Cabot Cheddar cheese
- Garlic cloves
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coconut oil spray
- In a little food processor I put 1 cup basil, 2 garlic cloves, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/4 cup pine nuts and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Add a little salt and pepper to taste. Blend it up to make the pesto paste.
- Spray a glass dish with coconut spray
- Slice the chicken breast in half to make thin filets and place them in the dish
- Spread the pesto paste on the chicken
- Cook for 15 minutes
- Take out of the oven and add the sliced tomatoes with cheddar cheese and top with some basil leaves and cook again for another 15 minutes
Done! Simple and easy as that. It\’s a fabulous meal! Healthy and good for you!
Do you have a special pesto recipe to share? I love this paste and save the leftovers for other things too – can\’t wait to experiment with this recipe and other uses for pesto.
Thanks for stopping by – please leave a comment to say hello and let me know what you think of my recipe posts!