This is a great recipe that my marathon friend – Kara – brought to our Boston Marathon 2011 party. YUM! Got to try it myself and soon. When I do I will add a photo! Photo below is of all the local Belchertown girls who ran Boston with my guest Dream Team girl Jill!
* 7 cups chopped carrot (about 2 pounds)
* 2/3 cup granulated sugar
* 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
* 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 2 tablespoons butter, melted
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
* Cooking spray
* 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
* Preheat oven to 350°.
* Cook carrot in boiling water 15 minutes or until very tender; drain. Place carrot in a food processor; process until smooth. Add granulated sugar and next 7 ingredients (granulated sugar through eggs); pulse to combine.
* Spoon mixture into a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until puffed and set. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
** I used WAY less sugar and no powdered sugar on top. Most of the rest was the same…